Gluten Free Chex Party
January 15, 2017
I looked on line for the Original Chex Party Mix recipe. I changed the recipe and cut out the bagel chips and the Wheat Chex because, for me, it has to be gluten free. I used Corn Chex, Rice Chex, pecans, and gluten free pretzels all added together making 12 cups of dry ingredients to go with the other ingredients.
I made this for Christmas and since then, I have had a craving for more. I made another batch today. I'll have to keep it out of sight to keep from nibbling on it all the time. It is good!
Prep Time: 15-20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 1/2 hours
- 4 cups Corn Chex
- 4 cups Rice Chex
- 2 cups pecans, broken in half
- 2 cups Gluten Free Mini Size Pretzels
- 6 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- In a large mixing bowl, combine Corn Chex, Rice Chex, pecans, and pretzels.
- In small mixing bowl, combine melted butter, Worcestershire sauce, salt, garlic powder and onion powder.
- Pour over dry ingredients and mix well.
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F. Pour mixture in large baking pan. Bake 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- I set two timers. One for 15 minutes and one for an hour. I had to take it out of the oven to stir. When I put it back in the oven, I reset the timer for 15 minutes. Actual cooking time was 15 x 4 which is 60 minutes.
- Cool and store in air tight container or one gallon Ziploc freezer bag.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.