Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Gluten Free Chex Party

It is simple to make gluten free Chex party mix. With only a few substitutions, you will be on your way to enjoying your favorite holiday snack! Check out this guide to get gluten free party mix recipes.

January 15, 2017 Flag

I looked on line for the Original Chex Party Mix recipe. I changed the recipe and cut out the bagel chips and the Wheat Chex because, for me, it has to be gluten free. I used Corn Chex, Rice Chex, pecans, and gluten free pretzels all added together making 12 cups of dry ingredients to go with the other ingredients.

I made this for Christmas and since then, I have had a craving for more. I made another batch today. I'll have to keep it out of sight to keep from nibbling on it all the time. It is good!

Prep Time: 15-20 minutes

Cook Time: 1 hour

Total Time: 1 1/2 hours

• 4 cups Corn Chex
  • 4 cups Rice Chex
  • 2 cups pecans, broken in half
  • 2 cups Gluten Free Mini Size Pretzels
  • 6 Tbsp butter
  • 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 3/4 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/2 tsp onion powder

1. In a large mixing bowl, combine Corn Chex, Rice Chex, pecans, and pretzels.
  2. In small mixing bowl, combine melted butter, Worcestershire sauce, salt, garlic powder and onion powder.
  3. Pour over dry ingredients and mix well.
  4. Related Content(article continues below)
  5. Preheat oven to 250 degrees F. Pour mixture in large baking pan. Bake 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
  6. I set two timers. One for 15 minutes and one for an hour. I had to take it out of the oven to stir. When I put it back in the oven, I reset the timer for 15 minutes. Actual cooking time was 15 x 4 which is 60 minutes.
  7. Cool and store in air tight container or one gallon Ziploc freezer bag.
CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Experimenting with recipes is fun! And good for you adapting the original to your specific needs. Other gluten-free options include using air-popped popcorn, cooked garbanzo and rice snack mix (from Bulk Barn, if you have one in your area). For an ultra-low fat version (which doesn't include butter), check out https://www.fac  sNOTaFoodGroup/.

I made another batch of Chex mix and used some Cheerios in place of some of the Corn Chex and Rice Chex. I used 3 cups Corn chex, 3 cups Rice Chex and 2 cups Cheerios. It's a good recipe to experiment with.

Chex Mix
Homemade Chex Mix Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes SnacksJanuary 20, 2017
Colorful Valentine' Day cookies.
Gluten-Free Valentine's Desserts
Shortbread cookies.
Gluten Free Shortbread Recipes
Homemade gluten free pasta.
Gluten Free Pasta Recipes
Gluten free bread in a bread machine.
Gluten Free Bread Machine Recipes
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 9, 2017 at 10:16:53 PM on 10.0.0.69 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.