Gluten Free Fried Chicken
Even if you are on a gluten free diet you don't have to give up fried chicken. This is a page about gluten free fried chicken
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Buckwheat is gluten free and it is good for you. I love cooking with buckwheat. The only place I have found it is Whole Foods and a health food store.
Total Time: 1 hour
Yield: 4 or 5 servings
- 1 frying size chicken, cut in sections
- 1/2 cup Crisco vegetable shortening
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- Heat oil to 360 degrees F.
- Put buckwheat flour in container with a lid.
- Add salt and pepper and shake to blend.
- Add a few pieces of chicken at the time and shake well to coat each piece.
- Place each piece of chicken in the hot grease.
- Cover and fry for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove lid. Turn chicken over.
- Continue to fry 20-25 minutes uncovered until it is brown. It helps to have a splatter screen to put over the frying pan when frying without the lid.
- Remove chicken and place on paper towels to drain.
- It will be crisp and tender. Enjoy!
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.