Goggle-Eyed Turkey Candy Box
Here is a fun activity that you and the kids can do together for Thanksgiving. Turn a small plastic flower pot into a turkey candy box. Make one, or make a few to share the season's bounty with your neighbors. Older kids will be able to manage on their own, but the littlies might need some assistance from mom.
Total Time: 15 minutes
Yield: one turkey candy box
- printed copy of the provided pattern sheet for the feet
- 2.4" high brown plastic flower pot
- three feathers, two black and one white
- A6 sized piece of dark brown felt
- small piece of red felt for the wattle
- A6 sized piece of orange cardstock
- pair of 20mm wiggle eyes
- small cellophane bag
- selection of small sweeties
- quick-drying craft glue (such as Bostik Clear)
- standard scissors
- round plastic lid with a diameter of 2.6"
- Glue the three feathers to the back of the flower pot, gluing them black-white-black. Hold each feather in place for a few seconds to allow glue to set.
- Place the plastic lid on the brown felt and trace around it. Cut the traced circle and glue it to the pot on the opposite side of the feathers.
- Cut a wattle from the red felt. Cut small slits to the top of the wattle and glue the wattle to the bottom of the brown felt circle.
- Fold a piece of orange cardstock and cut a beak on the fold. Glue the fold of the beak directly above the wattle.
- Glue the two wiggle eyes in place.
- Trace and cut two feet from the orange cardstock, and glue them to the bottom of the flower pot.
- Add the sweeties to the cellophane bag. Secure the bag with sellotape and cut the top of the bag shorter to make the end result neater. Add the bag to the pot and voila!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!