Gluten FreeDieting

Grain-Free Cheesy Jalapeno Bread

Vote for this contest contender!

I made these bread for a friend who is on a strict keto diet that's to help with a certain ailment. The flour that you'd usually find in this bread has been replaced with Parmesan cheese, and you'd almost never know it. For only having 4 ingredients, this bread is chewy, moist, and crazy delicious! You can up the heat factor by adding more jalapeno, but I kept it on a medium-heat level here.

Nutritionally, per serving, these are 172 calories, 15.5g protein, 11.5g fat, and 1.5g carbs.

Prep Time: 4 minutes

Cook Time: 20 minutes

Total Time: 24 minutes

Yield: 4 servings

1. Preheat oven to 375 F. I used my toaster oven. In a bowl, combine the 2 kinds of cheeses and the eggs.
  2. If it's on the runny side, keep adding Parmesan cheese a bit at a time, and stir until it's thickened. Pour onto a lined baking sheet.
  3. Pat it around so it's got an even thickness and in the shape you desire. You can also make several small discs.
  4. Press on as many jalapeno rings as you like. I went for 8 of them.
  5. Bake in the preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, until the cheese has melted and is golden around the edges.
  6. Let it rest for 5 to 10 minutes before removing it from the baking sheet. Cut and serve.