TaxesBudget & Finance
To Top

Grants to Pay Taxes for Seniors

Category Taxes

Last year we were forced to retire from our business and were left with approximately $9000 in business taxes and about $7000 in bills. My husband is 73 and fighting cancer. I am 71. We were forced to move from a 5 bedroom home to a two room dwelling. That part is liveable. But I am having a terrible time paying the above with my $1100 Social Security check. My question, is there any way to get assistance for us with these payments?


By Shirley from OR

Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

January 3, 20130 found this helpful

The only thing I can think of is to contact the IRS and try to arrange for a repayment plan-if you contact them before they contact you, you may find they are very reasonable about helping you.

I'll pray for you and your husband. The last thing you need right now is the added stress of a huge tax bill.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
January 5, 20130 found this helpful

My sister and her husband had tax problems with their business too, and she found out that the IRS will forgive the debt owed to them by any person one time, or at least reduce it drastically. Contact a tax attorney if you can find one, if not contact the IRS. This may save you a lot of heartache.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes

Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

Related Content
Budget & Finance TaxesJanuary 2, 2013
Low Income Senior Applying for Grant
Grants for Low Income Seniors
Online Sales Tax
Saving Money on Taxes
Pile of receipts on a white background
Organizing Receipts for Taxes
Cabinet with Multi-colored Hanging Files
Organizing Paperwork For Taxes
Thanksgiving Ideas!
Halloween Ideas!
Ask a Question
Share a Post
Desktop Page | View Mobile

Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | Contact Us

© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Published by .

Generated 2017/10/16 08:06:15 in 1 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️
Loading Something Awesome!