Greek Browned Butter And Cheese Pasta

Category Pastas
The rich flavor of cheese and browned butter with pasta is a traditional Greek dish that is amazingly delicious and easy to prepare. This page contains recipes for Greek browned butter and cheese pasta.

I've heard rave reviews about Greek Mizithra Browned Butter Pasta but I have no access here in Richland, WA for the Mizithra cheese so decided to try the Greek cheese, Kasseri, that I can get here instead. Yum! If you love garlic you can also saute a couple of teaspoons of minced garlic in the butter while it's browning. At least try it without the garlic the first time you make this recipe, because you may end up simply loving the cheese and the nutty flavor of the browned butter only more ;-) Serve with a balsamic vinaigrette dressed salad and slightly toasted baguette slices, drizzled with sauteed minced garlic in extra virgin olive oil and then sprinkle with a bit more cheese.

Directions:

Cook pasta al dente according to package directions.

Meanwhile, heat butter over medium heat in a medium saucepan. Once the butter begins to boil continue to cook, stirring constantly, until the butter is a caramel brown color and has a nutty aroma and then remove from heat. (Be sure to turn the heat down just a tad if needed so as not to burn the butter)

Drain pasta, add to butter saucepan and toss; then add about 2/3rds of the grated cheese, toss again and serve garnished with remaining cheese.

By Deeli from Richland, WA

Is kasseri like feta?

Anonymous

Hi zbz :-) No, Kasseri is a semi-firm cheese. The firmness, but not the flavor, of Mozzarella. Feta is a soft brined cheese. Kasseri has a nice mild tangy flavor.

Oh man! I know what I'm making this afternoon! I'm salivating, no joke. :)

Well, I just finished eating this, thumbs up, way way up. Thank you, Deeli!