Ground Turkey Stuffed Tomatoes
This is a pretty simple meal to make and is very flavorful. I like to pair this meal with rice. If you don't like ground turkey, you can stuff with ground beef, chicken or pork.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 1 dozen tomatoes
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1/2 lb shrimp
- 12 tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp fish sauce
- 6 cloves garlic
- 3 stems green onions
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 4 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 cans 14.5 oz chicken broth
- 1/2 white onion
- Cut the top of each tomato and remove the inside. Set aside.
- Peel shrimp and mince to a paste.
- In a big bowl - combine ground turkey, mince garlic, chopped onion. Add fish sauce, salt, pepper and mix well.
- Now stuff your ground turkey mixture into all of the tomatoes.
- In a large pan, over medium heat add oil. Place ground turkey face down and cook for about 5-7 minutes until meat is golden brown.
- Once brown, add 2 cans of chicken broth and cover lid for 20 minutes.
- Ready to plate and garnish chopped green onions.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.