Grow New African Violets and Succulents from Cuttings

I have seen these tips on the internet, and had not had a chance to try it till now. A friend gave me one African violet leaf after my AV had sadly died because I didn't understand how to keep it happy. Another friend gave me a sage plant leaf.

This was all around October or November and the images show how far along they are.

Two things:

1) It seems to help the propagation process to keep them in a bell jar or terrarium situation, which keeps the humidity up.

2) African violets dislike water on their leaves so once a week I soak the bottom in a water/fertilizer mix.

3) Succulents require no watering or steaming in any way, if you keep it inside the bell jar situation. You just leave it in the dirt and let it do its thing.

After this growth stage, I need to figure out what else to do!

Resources for violet found in the in the link below. Resource for succulents was the YouTube videos of this person (Sucs for you, tee hee) https://sucsforyou.com/about/

Link: https://www.violetbarn.com/plant_care/lessons/propagating-african-violets-by-leaf/

Glad you're having success! Bell jars or equivalent (Mason jar, etc,) are a great way to insure proper humidity during the rooting stage. Those new to this method should know that too much humidity is worse than too little. If moisture condenses and collects on the inside of the jar, it should be kept wiped away to prevent rotting of the leaves.

Home and Garden Gardening CuttingsMarch 14, 2020
🐛
👒
🌻
🐰
😷
Corona Virus Tips

CuttingsGardening