Growing Strawberries in a Greenhouse

Growing Strawberries
You may want to grow strawberries in pots or hanging baskets, if you have limited space. This guide is about growing strawberries in a greenhouse.

I put together some hanging strawberry planters for the greenhouse recycled out of empty milk cartons and then hung up in the greenhouse roof using cropped bolts, recycled wire, bamboo cane and some curtain poles.

I used 3 of the milk cartons. I put holes in the bottom of the cartons to provide drainage whenever the plants were watered.

I then used my recycled scoop that was left over from cutting out the milk carton and put a thin layer of perlite in the bottom of each carton to prevent the drainage holes from being blocked by compost.

The strawberry plants were then passed through a bamboo cane and the cane then passed through the two rings using wire attached to the greenhouse roof.

Editor's Note: You can view more about how to attach the wires to your greenhouse roof at James' blog link below.

By James
Plough Your Own Furrow Blog