Growing a Tabebuia Tree

Category Trees
The tabebuia tree or shrub is native to the American tropics and subtropics from Mexico and the Caribbean as far south as Argentina. Most of the species are from Cuba and Hispaniola. They are evergreen in the tropics and deciduous in dry climates. Sometimes called a trumpet tree they are known for their trumpet shaped flowers that can be yellow, pink, and a lavender pink in color.

I need to know the name of a tree that blooms with yellow flowers all over it in the spring. I also seen this tree bloom in pink also in white. They are truly beautiful, the whole tree is covered with yellow flowers.

Maria from Orlando, Florida

Answers

By Donna (Guest Post)
Best Answer

The name of the tree you are wondering about is Tabebuia and your quite right when you say that they are indeed "Truly Beautiful".

Best Answer

The tree that you are describing sounds like a TABUBEA TREE. My yellow one out back is blooming right now, here in south fla.

I have long vertical gashes in my tabebuia tree. The tree is about 3 years old. It seems healthy, but I'd like to fix problem.

Answers

Best Answer

If the gashes just appeard on the tree it could be an issue with the bark splitting on the tree. I have found a PDF file to help you out. In your case it says to not try and paint the split or add tar.

They have another way for you to try and help the tree repair the split. I thin reading this article is what you need and it is possible for you to try and help the tree. plantclinic.cornell.edu/.../barksplitting.pdf

Home and Garden Gardening TreesMay 27, 2020
🐛
🌻
😎
👔
🎆
😷

Generated 2020-05-31 09:37:47 in 1 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️