Avocado Tree Not Growing

Category Fruit Trees
In order for an avocado tree to thrive there are a number of growing requirements such as light levels, temperature, pot size if in a container, and available moisture. This is a guide about avocado tree not growing.

I have an avocado tree that was planted by someone else. I don't know what type of soil they used, I know that they grew it from a seed. What can I do to help it grow? I've been taking care of it for a year and it has not grown an inch, what can I do to help it grow faster?

Answers

Best Answer

What type of area is it planted in? It should be in the shade, for starters. Here is guide to growing an avocado tree:

http://www.trop  com/avocado.html

Best Answer

My dad has planted an avocado tree but purchased from the nursery and it has grown. Not much, and uses a lot of water.

However, upon research it says if an avocado was grown from a seed, it could take anywhere from 5 to 13 years to mature!

Reference: http://www.cali  own-avocado-tree

Best Answer

Make sure the temperature never gets below 45F. Some trees will never bear fruit.

Anonymous

If it isin a container, it may be time for a bigger pot.