Hair Spray To Protect Printed Signs

When putting home-made signs (pages created using an inkjet printer) out on the street advertising the sale, it is helpful to spray the entire page with hair spray. This is helpful so the printing does not bleed if the weather is inclement. Hair spray is a lacquer and dries in seconds.

Hair spray will tend to attract and and cause insects to stick to the sign. Depending on the size of the sign, I would either cover it with a clear plastic bag (open side down) or with plastic wrap.

I keep a can of clear spray paint handy. Not all hairspray is water proof. Helmet head days of the past warrant friendly products on the market which do not harm your hair like days of the past products did. I use this clear spray paint for certificates, documents, right down to when I hand paint my flower pots. It seals it. Remember to do any spraying of anything outside.