Ham and Cheese Fondue Bake
I love this recipe because it's a great and tasty way to use leftover ham. It's rich, comforting and easy to make.
Total Time: 2 hours
Yield: 8 servings
- 2 cups chopped ham
- 2 cups cubed bread (any)
- 3 oz cheddar cheese
- 1 Tbsp mustard
- 1 Tbsp flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 dash hot sauce
- Put ham and cheese in a big bowl. Stir in mustard thoroughly.
- Sprinkle mixture with flour. Add cubed bread.
- In another bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, and hot sauce.
- Pour egg mixture over the ham/cheese/bread mix and combine thoroughly.
- Lightly grease a baking dish (I used 8 x 11 in.) and pour mix in. Make sure all the bits are saturated with the egg mixture. Cover with plastic wrap and let sit at least an hour in the fridge.
- Take out of fridge, remove plastic wrap and allow to sit at room temperature while you preheat the oven to 350 F. Optional: Before baking casserole, drizzle with 1 tablespoon melted butter.
- Bake uncovered until the top is golden brown and crispy, about 1 hour.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.