CraftsOrganizing

Handmade Labels for Storage Containers and Drawers

I love to organize and I love to label everything! Usually, I print all of my labels, but sometimes I like to hand make them. They stand out more this way, I save on ribbon, and I get to be more creative. Making your own is very simple and fun. These labels are perfect for a classroom, kid's room, or craft corner. They also work nicely on any plastic or wood storage container!

Total Time: 2-4 minutes per label

Yield: 1+ labels

1. Cut and fit an index card or card stock square for each container or drawer that you want to label. For small drawers, you will cut smaller cards and so on.
  2. If you are labeling large containers that will have several items, a title can go on each card first. Then add as many stickers as you will have items in that container. Write an item beside each sticker. For example, in this container, I have four themes. I also added two more stickers in case I decide to add other themes later.
  3. Ad

4. For small three-drawer containers, make the cards the same way, with or without the title. Add the stickers and list the items on each. If you have project drawers, you can make them simple, like my lamination station. I have drawers, "To Prepare, To Cut, and To Laminate".
  5. Laminate if you choose. Add putty to the back of each card and attach them to your containers.
  6. Ad