Handmade Pinwheel Mobile

Category Paper
Create a beautiful and eyecatching mobile by making pinwheels from paper. They are easy to make with supplies you probably already have at home.

This style handmade pinwheel mobile is going for $55+ and I was able to make this for only $10 with supplies I already had at home. It does take a couple of hours, or in my case a couple of days because I was too busy to do this all in one sitting. It is possible to complete in one day if you have the time or help. It is more meaningful when you are able to craft your own, in my opinion. I would recommend fun patterns and colors for baby to enjoy looking up at for diaper changes.

The metal rods for the mobile I purchased on Amazon from: Wee Gallery Mobile- Photo Mobile from Kikkerland for only $8.95. It is easier to purchase than to make my own with metal cutter and pliers.

Yield: 1 Mobile

• mobile rods
  • string
  • paper
  • brads
  • thumbtack
  • ruler
  • pen
  • glue

Related Product:

1. Assemble the mobile purchased from Amazon. Or, you can make a mobile with pliers and a metal hanger or any other metal wires. Another alternative is to use a wood embroidery hoop.
  2. For the pinwheel, I used assorted scrapbook paper with fun and vibrant patterns. I cut the squares all to be 6 inches by 6 inches.
  3. Measure approximately 3 9/16 and draw a line at all the corner angles.
  4. Cut the line.
  5. Find the center and poke a hole with a thumbtack.
  6. Now grab any angle and gather it to the hole. Poke a hole with a thumbtack.
  7. Repeat this process for every other angle to form the pinwheel.
  8. Once you poked all the holes on every other angle. Using a brad, push each piece of paper that you poked holes for to the center and secure brad on the back.
  9. Repeat pinwheel process until you have enough for your pinwheel mobile.
  10. Time to attach the pinwheels to the mobile with string. Tie a knot on the back of the brad and secure it with a dab of glue until the mobile is complete to how you would like it.