Hang Flat Pans on Kitchen Wall

I have a small galley style kitchen. For years, I have struggled with how to store my frying pans. I have several different styles of cast iron pans as well as a stainless steel wok and a nonstick pan. I used to store most of them in the drawer under my stove, but our newer stove doesn't allow as much storage room. This is our solution.

We hung them all on the back wall of my kitchen, making sure that they were not blocking the refrigerator door. My husband used large penny nails directly on the wall studs, as cast iron is very heavy. We meant to replace the nails with hooks, but we never have found the right hardware.

The wall looks relatively attractive and it is very convenient. It also encourages us to use the cast iron more often and put it away promptly, which is great for the patina.

Top Comment

I like it. I love the way cast iron pans look and that makes them really easy to get when you want to cook.

Making use of all the space in a small kitchen can be so essential.

Top Comment

This looks super cool. I like the rustic pan on the expertly painted walls. You have a good eye!

Seriously...I would hate those pans hanging all over my wall. It is not attractive and would need to come up with some alternative...ANY option would work.

I like it. I have a small Griswold cast iron fry pan, that was my mom's. I think I will hang it over my stove.

Pretty mean comment.

Very good idea!!
I have hung kitchen items on the wall before since I don't have a pot rack or cupboards suitable.

You're right, if they are exposed and visible, they get used more often.
Have a great day.