DecorationsHome Decor

Hanging Floral Heart

This is a beautiful, easy, and very inexpensive do it yourself decor project. It is perfect for your office, home, or for special occasions such as a baby shower, engagement, or wedding.

It is very popular to have hanging heart decor, especially at weddings! You could easily use a hot glue rope to put "Mrs." over the flowers or add glitter for a nice sparkly touch! Instead of filling the entire heart, just outline the heart shape with flowers and inside you can write your name, name of the bride to be, baby and me, etc.

Total Time: 1.5 hours

1. Using a heart shape template, trace shape onto a study piece of cardboard or thick paper. Or, you can free hand your heart shape template. Cut it out and set aside.
  2. Gather different circle shape items and trace them onto the construction paper of your choice. Cut the circle out and cut them into swirls.
  3. Start to roll your flowers around the swirl until it forms into a shape of a flower.
  4. Ad

5. As I complete the flowers, I put them over the heart shape to see how many more flowers I need to complete the entire heart. Continue cutting and making flowers until you have enough to start glueing.
  6. I put glue on the back of the flowers and started glueing the flowers around the heart shape cut out. You can stop here if you would like and write your name in the center with a nice gold Sharpie, bride to be's name, or you can put a picture on the inside and make this like a picture frame. Or add an ultra sound photo inside of your baby to be - the possibilities are endless!
  7. Ad

8. However, for my project I wanted to fill the entire heart up with mixture of pink flowers so I continued glueing until there is no more space!
  9. You can leave the heart like this for decor on the shelf or mantle.
  10. Ad

11. I wanted to hang this up in my office space, so I cut (2) 8 inch pieces of floral ribbon and taped the pieces on the back. Then I tied a knot at the top. Now, this piece is ready to hang! Or, you can put it behind a chair (for how you would at a wedding).

Beautiful job!

Thank you! :)

This is amazingly pretty!

Thank you!! <3