Hard Water Stains on Auto Glass

There have been a lot of great answers for how to clean shower glass, but I'm concerned about how some of these suggested cleaning agents will react with rubber and auto paint. So I want to ask what people have found effective and safe for getting rid of hard water stains on auto glass. Thanks.

Daniel from Ocala, FL

Coca-Cola

Try a can or two of Coca-Cola poured directly over the windshield. Wash the car afterward just to be safe. I have done this several times to no adverse effects.

By dede smith

Hand Sanitizer

Use hand sanitizer. The spots will come right off and it won't hurt car interior. I use this on my car interior, steering wheel, and dash.

By Janette

MX-7

I live in Hawaii and used a product called MX-7 (for glass) on an old truck that had years of hard water spot buildup on all the exterior glass. It took the hard water spots off with little elbow grease. When my son bought a place in Las Vegas a year ago, I looked all over the valley for this product but couldn't find it. I finally found it at one of the local hardware stores (Ace). They just started carrying it.

By Russell

🍀
💘

Generated 2020-02-01 16:54:13 in 902 msecs. ⛅️️