Healthy Baked Drumsticks Recipe
Fried chicken drumsticks are a popular food for many, especially in the summertime where they make an appearance at all sorts of picnics and potlucks. Avoid the excess oil and calories by making a healthy baked version.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Upcoming party potluck? This is my go to recipe. It is healthier than fried chicken, since it is baked!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 60 minutes
Yield: 16 pieces (depending on your package of drumsticks)
- 1 pkg chicken drumsticks
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 3 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 bundle thyme
- 2 stem green onion (optional)
- Open package of drumsticks and clean the drumsticks with water and salt. Pat dry.
- In a bowl, put all your dried ingredients together (pepper, salt, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, sugar, and thyme). Mix.
- Place your drumsticks in a bowl and rub with the seasoning and allow to marinate for 20-30 minutes.
- Turn on oven to 350 degrees F. Place chicken on the foil tray and drizzle olive oil on the drumsticks and bake for 20 minutes per side.
- Optional: Wash and green onion, dice finely to garnish.