Healthy Baked Drumsticks Recipe
Fried chicken drumsticks are a popular food for many, especially in the summertime where they make an appearance at all sorts of picnics and potlucks. Avoid the excess oil and calories by making a healthy baked version.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This is a recipe I whipped up because we have an abundance of red pepper and mint in our backyard. These drumsticks are simple to make, flavorful, and perfect to eat as finger food or with a complete meal.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40-50 minutes
Total Time: 50-60 minutes
Yield: 4-6 people
- 3.5 lb chicken drumsticks
- 4 cloves garlic
- 3 red pepper
- 1 Tbsp mint
- dash salt & pepper
- dash garlic powder
- dash thyme
- 1.5 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
Feel free to adjust ingredients to your liking. More or less garlic, pepper, mint & seasoning depends on your preference.
- Chop garlic, red pepper and mint.
- I pat dry my drumsticks and placed into a pot. Add olive oil and soy sauce and chopped garlic, red pepper and mint. Using my hands toss ingredients well. Add dash of salt/pepper.
- Preheat oven to 400 F degrees. Add drumsticks on baking rack and sprinkle with dash of garlic powder & thyme.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until fully cooked.
Upcoming party potluck? This is my go to recipe. It is healthier than fried chicken, since it is baked!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 60 minutes
Yield: 16 pieces (depending on your package of drumsticks)
- 1 pkg chicken drumsticks
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 3 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 bundle thyme
- 2 stem green onion (optional)
- Open package of drumsticks and clean the drumsticks with water and salt. Pat dry.
- In a bowl, put all your dried ingredients together (pepper, salt, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, sugar, and thyme). Mix.
- Place your drumsticks in a bowl and rub with the seasoning and allow to marinate for 20-30 minutes.
- Turn on oven to 350 degrees F. Place chicken on the foil tray and drizzle olive oil on the drumsticks and bake for 20 minutes per side.
- Optional: Wash and green onion, dice finely to garnish.