Crafts For KidsCrafts

Heart Symmetry Paintings

These unique heart paintings are perfect for for kids from toddler age to junior high. Children get to make a little mess, while practicing their fine motor skills and learning about symmetry. It is an easy and fun art activity that will make a cute gift for anyone in the family!

Total Time: 10 minutes

Yield: 2 heart paintings

1. Fold each piece of construction paper in half and cut out a heart from both.
  2. Take at least two different paint bottles and allow the paint to drip in random spots on one side of a heart. For younger kids, using a paint brush for each color is sometimes easier.
  3. Fold the heart in half at the crease, pressing the side without paint on top of the side with drops of paint. Press all around, spreading the paint through the paper. The more colors you use, the more intricate the design, as you can see in the main photo.

Cute paintings afterwards to put on the fridge :)

Yes, definitely! When I was teaching, I had so many of my student's art gifts on my fridge! I miss that!