Helping People During the Pandemic

Category Community
Be aware of your neighbors and their possible needs during this time when all people can not safely move about freely. There are many ways we can help others.

The old-fashioned "help your neighbor" has never been more important as it is now! I live in a complex living community! I have been blessed by real neighborswho are helping me since I have been quarantined. In return, I have been cooking meals for them and now their kids, who now need lunches. Their parents are trying to work from home. I am taking some of the burden of of them by being a neighbor and helping with whatever I can do! We all have to work together through this difficult time!

If everyone could just knock on an elderly person's door and offer to do an errand, think about how they are going to get food or prescriptions? You might be saving their life. Make a meal for a neighbor! What do you do with your leftovers? I have no images, I'm not looking for a reward here! I am trying to spread the word of being a good neighbor. I truly hope you all get to read this and help as many people as you can. God Bless us all!

Just like everyone, I am particularly dealing with this Pandemic due being quarantinedover a week ago due to my several medical issues. I decided to try my best to distract myself from the news, it was just getting me down. So I got out all my old cards and started writing friendly messages to people who are in nursing homes and now have been restricted from all visitors!

Instead of sending them singular, I am sending them in batches to the nursing homes directly.

Yes, it will cost me stamps, and I have someone going to the Dollar Store tomorrow and getting more cards. They are 2 for $1.00. I have wasted more money on frivolous things before and not worried about it! This is not frivolous! These are very lonely people. If I can put a smile on a face it is worth the stamp and card. I have also made this suggestion to all my grandchildren too! I have other ideas I will post!

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Better Living CommunityMay 22, 2020
😎
🌻
😷
🐛
🎆
👔

Generated 2020-05-28 10:21:21 in 1 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️