Write Greeting Cards for Nursing Home Patients

Just like everyone, I am particularly dealing with this Pandemic due being quarantinedover a week ago due to my several medical issues. I decided to try my best to distract myself from the news, it was just getting me down. So I got out all my old cards and started writing friendly messages to people who are in nursing homes and now have been restricted from all visitors!

Instead of sending them singular, I am sending them in batches to the nursing homes directly. Yes, it will cost me stamps, and I have someone going to the Dollar Store tomorrow and getting more cards. They are 2 for $1.00. I have wasted more money on frivolous things before and not worried about it! This is not frivolous! These are very lonely people. If I can put a smile on a face it is worth the stamp and card. I have also made this suggestion to all my grandchildren too! I have other ideas I will post!

jackie, that is great. i have been hearing about that same idea but havnt done it yet.
actually last weekend a friend who is also a nun but lives at a nursing home called me. we talked for a long time till a medical team came in. i have been on the phone, emailing and texting since this started but there is also a backstory.

i had been in medical isolation for 6 days prior because i had radioactive iodine treatment for thyroid cancer. i was radioactive myself so i had to stay 6 ft away so i didnt go to church Bible study etc. then when i left my isolation i left the lab and said well im going into quarantine now. hahaha.

CoronavirusMarch 25, 2020
🌻
🐛
😷
🐰
👒

Generated 2020-04-05 08:43:36 in 671 msecs. ⛅️️ ⚡️

Coronavirus