Hibiscus Love Mural Decoration
Silver Post Medal for All Time! 408 Posts
The hibiscus flower symbolizes beauty, and pink is a color associated with romance. Combine these two together to make a great decoration for Valentine's Day. The beauty of this decoration is that it can still be used after Valentine's Day.
Total Time: 40 minutes, drying time included
Yield: one decoration
- 7.4 inch high natural wooden heart
- 1.6 inch high pink crystal teardrop bead
- 7 in of dark pink chiffon ribbon
- pink embroidery thread
- large hibiscus flower stencil
- mother of pearl rose acrylic paint
- Giotto décor textile pens: neon pink, neon yellow and green
- Acrilex Acrilpen violetta (purple) pen
- Pilot extra fine white pen
- Pilot extra fine silver pen
- Pentel ultra fine black pen
- quick-drying clear matt spray varnish
- fine-grit sanding paper
- clear-drying craft glue (such as Bostik Clear)
- old cloth
- standard scissors
- electrical hand drill
- Use the drill to make a small hole at the bottom of the heart. Sand down the heart and wipe off any dust with the old cloth before proceeding. Note: If your heart does not have a circular opening at the top like the one in the example, you will have to drill a hole at the top too.
- Paint the front and sides of the heart with the mother of pearl rose acrylic paint and allow to dry thoroughly.
- Place the stencil on the heart. Trace and color the leaves with the neon pink pen, and the pistil with the purple pen, and carefully lift the stencil.
- Now add detail to the flower. Use the green and black pens to add shadows and veins to the flower petals, and use the white pen to add highlights. Use the yellow and black pens to add contrast to the pistil and add highlights with the white pen.
- Use the white pen to draw squiggles all around the flower, and then add a stitched border around the heart. Add a few silver squiggles and silver stitches to complete the heart.
- Thread the chiffon ribbon through the circular opening at the top and make a knot at the back. Add a drop of glue to the knot so that the knot will not come undone.
- Thread a piece of pink embroidery thread through the bead and make a knot right above the bead. Then thread the ends of the embroidery thread through the hole at the bottom of the heart, make a knot at the back and add a drop of glue to the knot.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.