Hibiscus Not Blooming

A friend just gave me a Hibiscus tree and although it looks very healthy there are no blooms. She said it only had a few flowers on it all season. It's about 6 foot tall counting the branches and I'm wondering if I can prune it back a bit to encourage it to bloom. Also, it needs to come inside for the winter. Would it do okay wintering over in a garage or does it need to be in the house? Thanks everyone.

Sandy from Pittsburgh, Pa

Answers:

Hibiscus Not Blooming

You need to fertilize it every two weeks all year long and you will have beautiful flowers all year long. Mine was doing the same thing and it was just hungry, they are very heavy feeders. (12/11/2008)

🎂
📓
🌻