Hiding Places for Cash at Home
This is a page about hiding places for cash at home
. It can be helpful to have a little bit of cash stashed away at home, in case of an emergency. Here are some ideas of how to keep it safely hidden, without making it hard to get to.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
There are times we need cash for various purchases but don't want to make a trip to the bank or pay charges at a cash machine. I don't like carrying cash every day but want it hidden in a safe spot in my home. I came up with a few good hiding places so the cash isn't all in one spot:
- Inner pocket of a shirt or jacket never worn but can't bring self to get rid off (come on, we all have at least one of those). ;-)
- Between pages of a book no one will likely pick up to read.
- Inside a non-matched sock placed randomly under the matched socks.
- In the toe of a pair of shoes rarely worn.
- Between the padding and cover of the ironing board.
- Between the picture and cardboard backing of a favorite framed photo.
Hope you all share your ideas and, of course, you really should tell someone you trust of your hiding places 'just in case'. ;-)
By Deeli from Richland, WA
CommentsRead More Comments
Secret safe projects, such as hollowed out books, faux food cans, etc., are fun to make. This popcorn kernel jar safe is yet another example of an unassuming hiding place for small valuables or a bit of cash.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.