DIY Popcorn Kernel Jar Secret Safe
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,246 Posts
August 17, 2018
Need a place to hide your valuables? Try making my secret diversion safe that looks like a full jar of popcorn kernels! It costs about $1.00 to make, which is so much cheaper than diversion safes carried at spy and detective shops. Don't have popcorn? You can use whatever filling that won't look too enticing: lentils, beans, bran flakes, etc. The possibilities are endless.
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 1 safe
- 1 empty water bottle
- 1 jar with a wide opening
- 1 marker
- popcorn kernels
- Peel the label off the bottle and dry the inside.
- Stick the water bottle inside the jar. Use your marker to draw a line on it right at the lip of the jar.
- Cut the bottle right below the line. Discard (or recycle) the top of the bottle.
- Place the lower half of the cut bottle into the jar. Use your fingers to push the bottle inwards, then pour some popcorn kernels into the sides of the jar.
- Shake it in circular motions to fill any gaps.
- Keep filling until it looks 100% full.
- Place your valuables inside.
- Screw the lid on the jar. Your valuables are completely hidden!
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.