Hiring Honest Movers

I was so excited about moving after have gone through the death of my husband, I failed myself. Since I had a short distance for moving, I decided to use someone local. Little did I know he was a crook. Due to the events of my life and present state of mine and everything that was going on in my life, I failed to check the truck when he said he was finished.

After looking back on some pictures of my old house, I realized that I did not have a lot of my things in the new home. At the time of the move I was missing some kitchen items, but did not think much of it at the time and went out to buy new.

The pictures I looked at started ringing a bell in my head, "Where is my folded room divider?", "Where is my little cabinet with shelves?" "What happened to my old Poloroid camera?", etc. Nothing he failed to bring everything in.

Now a tip to all. Before paying the movers, check out the truck and make sure it is EMPTY. A hard lesson learned.

You should notify the police. You know who the person is. The police should be able to get your belongings back.

I had sloppy movers the last time I moved. They used cellophane tape on my dining room table. The tape pulled the varnish off the table. I didn't file an insurance claim because it already was marred but next time I move, I'll make sure they don't tape anything.

My advice - watch what they do while moving your expensive wooden furniture.