Homemade Bubbles

I've heard there's a homemade recipe for the liquid used for kid's blowing bubbles. Anyone have it? I've heard it's dish washing liquid and water, but what would the measurements be? Thanks.

Also, has anyone ever purchased an electric bubble machine? I saw one in New Orleans on a upper balcony last year. It was really cool!

By Brenda

I just found a recipe that makes bubbles that last the other day. Here it is: 6 Cups water, 1 cup corn syrup, 2 Cups regular strength Joy dish washing liquid. Mix together and blow!

Hey there! Try ehowmom, there are alot of different ways. Good luck.

There are a lot of recipes for bubbles. Most are a combination of dish soap, water and glycerin(avail in drugstroe) to stabilize the bubbles.

Mix and allow to "age" for a few days. recipes will tell you how long. I mix them in an old 2 liter soda bottle-clearly labeled and if you have little ones, stored out of reach.

I bought a small bubble machine from Wal-Mart for my day care kids. They LOVE it! It's called "Kids Bubble Generator". It uses a lot of batteries, though, so get rechargeables!

www.food.com/.../giant-bubbles-54559