Homemade Chocolate Ice Cream

First I want to say thank you to the person who had the recipe for homemade ice cream that uses 1/2 and 1/2 and whipping cream and sweetened condensed milk, wonderful, wonderful. LOVE THIS RECIPE. What I want to know is, how do I go about making it chocolate ice cream? This stuff gets hard like store bought, I gave a small amount to the owner of our grocery store, and she could not believe it got hard. She said she loved the flavor. So, what do I put in this to make it chocolate? So as I said before, thank you my lifesavers.

Jamish from Ransom

Answers:

Homemade Chocolate Ice Cream

Sounds terrific, can you share the recipe?? (06/30/2007)

By msburny

Homemade Chocolate Ice Cream

I worked in a place that made homemade icecream and I know that chocolate is the hardest to make. It is either not choclaty enough or creamy enough. I've tried using many different ways and have never been satisfied so if someone has a good recipe I'd sure love to have it. (07/02/2007)

By Connie from Canada

Homemade Chocolate Ice Cream

PaulaK, Ohio Please do share the recipe, it sounds great. Thanks (07/02/2007)

By PaulaK

Homemade Chocolate Ice Cream

I would try chocolate pudding mix, the instant kind. My mother used to make home ice cream using that.

Di (07/02/2007)

By Di

Homemade Chocolate Ice Cream

Ok, here is the best chocolate ice cream I have ever made. It tastes like a Wendy's frosty but better. It does not get so hard you can't scoop it out. The secret to keep it from getting too hard is to add an 8 oz container of Cool Whip or other brand of frozen whipped topping to the mixture.

Chocolate Ice Cream

1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 8 oz. container Cool Whip
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
1/2 gallon chocolate milk

Combine condensed milk sugar and eggs. Mix well. Blend in Cool Whip. Add chocolate milk and stir. Pour into ice cream freezer and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. (07/03/2007)

By Ice Cream Queen

Homemade Chocolate Ice Cream

Was that all of the ingredients for the ice cream? I need more information. kddid (07/03/2007)

By kddid

Homemade Chocolate Ice Cream

TO MAKE CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM, I JUST SOFTEN A GOOD QUALITY COMMERCIAL ICE CREAM, ADD COCOA POWDER, AS MUCH OR AS LITTLE AS I WANT, STIR AND REFREEZE. (07/03/2007)

By

Homemade Chocolate Ice Cream

I have a fabulous recipe (at home) for chocolate ice cream that uses Hershey's syrup. Most chocolate ice creams don't get as hard as other flavors. Let me know if you want it! (07/05/2007)

By Lynn Beth