Homemade Clorox Wipes?

Can I add bleach to a container of baby wipes to make my own Clorox wipes?

Best Answer

I don't recommend people makeup homemade wipes and let them sit. The water in them makes it all unstable (and not effective).

Best to make up a disinfectant fresh for every use.

You can use the wipes to dip into the FRESH solution, but personally, I would not make up a box of them and let them sit.

Here is what the CDC says (link and actual text):

www.cdc.gov/.../disinfecting-your-home.html

Diluted household bleach solutions may also be used if appropriate for the surface. Check to ensure the product is not past its expiration date. Unexpired household bleach will be effective against coronaviruses when properly diluted.

Follow manufacturers instructions for application and proper ventilation. Never mix household bleach with ammonia or any other cleanser.

Leave solution on the surface for at least 1 minute
To make a bleach solution, mix:

5 tablespoons (1/3rd cup) bleach per gallon of water
OR 4 teaspoons bleach per quart of water

Best Answer

I agree with most suggestions - make small batches and use as appropriate.
Different areas may require different cleaners but a mild bleach solution works well according to the CDC.

There are numerous sites giving all kinds of recommendations but this one has a list - by product name - of all approved cleaners.

www.epa.gov/.../list-n-disinfectants-use-against...

It is a good idea to review CDC's recommendations for cleaning.

To make a bleach solution, mix:

OR
4 teaspoons bleach per quart of water

Per www.cdc.gov/.../disinfecting-your-home.html

Yes you can.Here is a site to make your own,clorox wipes, baby wipes are expensive.www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBQwAIT1zV4

I know the markets are depleted and people are wanting to be safe and clean their hands an home. You can do this but I really don't recommend it. It is best to make new wipes each time you want to clean your home or around the house for the virus. I am sure this is what you want to do. I have read many articles on this and each and every one of them says the same thing. The wipes will not help out and it is best to wash your hands with soap and hot water and make sure you scrub your hands each time. Making a bleach solution is a good idea and when I clean my home I use this all the time. But when I am done I throw it away and make a new solution the next time I want to clean. Make smaller amount of the solution to use each day and this is better than making wipes and allowing them to sit around for days on end.

CoronavirusMarch 28, 2020
📓
😷
🐛
😎
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Homemade-Clorox-Wipes.html

Coronavirus