Homemade Dill Pickles

I love dill pickles, especially in the summertime, but I like to be able to control how much sodium I take in. Give my recipe a try!

Source: My mother's original recipe

1. Combine the vinegar, salt and sugar in a saucepan over high heat. Whisk until the salt and sugar are dissolved. Transfer to a bowl and mix in the cold water. Refrigerate brine until ready to use.
  2. Stuff the cucumbers into two sterilized 1 quart jars. Add the remaining ingredients, dividing equally.
  3. Add the chilled brine to jars, dividing evenly. If necessary, add a bit of cold water to the jars until the brine covers the cucumbers.
  4. Secure top with a piece of plastic wrap, then screw on the lid. Keep in a cool area for a couple weeks.
  5. You can tell by the colour when it's ready to enjoy.