Sweet and Sour Refrigerator Pickles
A simple pickle recipe that is refrigerated instead of sealed and stored by canning. This is a page about sweet and sour refrigerator pickles
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
It is so simple to make your first pickles. With an abundance of cucumbers in my garden, I whipped up some delicious pickles for us to enjoy during the fall!
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cook Time: 10 min.
Total Time: 25 min.
Yield: mine made 3 1/2 pint jars
- 1 large onion
- 1 tsp mustard seed
- 3/4 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp celery seed
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 cups distilled white vinegar
- 1/3 cup coarse salt
- 6 cucumbers, sliced
- In a large pan, combine onion, mustard seed, turmeric and celery seed.
- In a saucepan, combine sugar, vinegar and salt. Bring to a boil.
- Pour the boiling mixture into the pan with the onion mixture.
- Add the cucumber slices.
- Pack into sterile jars.
- Refrigerate for 2 weeks before eating (but I cheat and sneak out one or two within a few days). ;-)