Homemade Duster Ideas

You can buy a wide variety of products to use for dusting, but you can also make your own, often with things you already have around the house. This is a guide about homemade duster ideas.

When cutting rags, before discarding worn-out flannel shirts and PJs, cut them in such a way that the pocket is in the middle of a square. That way you have a "mitt" duster. It's very handy.

By Kay from Babylon, NY

I have so many collections that need to be dusted and I am constantly misplacing my cloth. I came up with the idea to remove the long strap from a cell phone holder (or you could use a purse strap).

I hooked each end of the strap to an alligator clip (you know the kind that you find in an office) and then hooked a damp cloth to one of them and a dry cloth to the other.

I place the strap around my neck and I am ready to dust like crazy. In fact, it's such a good idea, I quit dusting so I could share it with you! Wonder if I can think of some other ways to get out of cleaning! HA!

I had a clothes hanger that had yarn looped around it and it was used as a furniture duster. I'd like to find out how it was made.

By Bev C.