Homemade Jet Dry Recipes

Category Dishes
Rather than buying a specific product to prevent spotting in your dishwasher, try a home solution. This is a guide about homemade Jet Dry recipes.

This is a guide about white vinegar instead of Jet-Dry. White vinegar is a good substitute for Jet-Dry dishwasher rinse aid to help prevent spotting.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

I just got a new dishwasher and it recommends using a Jet Dry type of solution for best results. Is there a way to make a homemade or very inexpensive solution?

By Linda from Vista, CA

Answers

Best Answer

Fill your rinse dispenser with plain vinegar - no need for expensive rinses. Your dishes will shine and so will your dishwasher.

Does anyone have a recipe for the Jet Dry that goes into the dishwasher to remove spots from glassware?

Rose from Malvern, PA

Answers:

Homemade JetDry Recipe

I usually add 1/2 cup of vinegar in my dishwasher. Since I have been doing this, I have not had a problem with water spots on any of my dishes. (03/11/2008)

By speedrack08

Homemade JetDry Recipe

Put white vinegar in the JetDry dispenser. Don't put it in the dishwasher with the soap as it will make the detergent less powerful. The vinegar will cancel the detergent out. (03/12/2008)

By Carol in PA

Homemade JetDry Recipe

White vinegar - I fill the reservoir with it and it works better than Jet Dry! (03/12/2008)

By JoanDogs

Homemade JetDry Recipe

Thank you all. What a simple solution. Do you need to fill the JetDry dispenser each time? (03/12/2008)

By RealtorRose

Homemade JetDry Recipe

No need to fill every time. Just fill to capacity. If your dishwasher has an indicator when the rinse aid is empty, you'll know it's time to refill! (03/13/2008)

By Beth