Homemade Paint Palette
You can make your very own handheld paint palette using a plastic lid and plastic bottle caps. Use one larger bottle cap in the center to mix colours. I used a Cool Whip lid, water bottle caps, and one sports drink cap. Once you puncture the hole for them, this can be a great palette for kids to make, then utilize while they paint!
Total Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 1 palette
- 1 plastic lid
- 1 marker
- 1 X-acto knife or scissors
- 4 small bottle caps
- 1 large bottle cap
- Use your marker to trace the large bottle cap onto the plastic lid near the edge.
- Cut out the hole.
- Place glue on the top of the large bottle cap.
- Glue it down on the other side of the hole.
- Glue down the other bottle caps around the lid.
- Fill the little bottle caps with paint. Slip your thumb through the hole and lift the palette to your workstation.
- Use the big bottle cap to mix colours. Paint away!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.