Homemade Pasta Recipes

Category Pastas
Homemade Pasta Recipes
A great beginning to any pasta dish is to make fresh pasta at home. This page contains homemade pasta recipes.

It's quick and easy to make. No more store dried pasta.

Directions:

In a large bowl, sift flour and salt. Make a well in the middle add the oil and 3 eggs. With a blunt knife start to work the dough together. Pop your hands in now and bring the dough together work it into a ball.

Then bring it out and knead it for about 5 minutes on a floured surface, until it feels smooth and elastic.

Put it back into the bowl and cover for 15 minutes; this is letting it rest. Either roll it out on a board till very thin then cut long ribbons, or if you have a machine, roll it out through your machine and then through the cutters. Hang in a warm spot on a rod while you are waiting for the water to boil.

This should only take 3-5 minutes to cook. Make your favorite sauce and enjoy your own pasta.

Servings: 2-4
Time:15-20 Minutes Preparation Time
3-5 Minutes Cooking Time

By gail from Qld, Australia

• 1 cup flour
  • 1 cup whole wheat flour
  • 2 egg yolks
  • 1 Tbsp. milk
  • 1 Tbsp. olive oil
  • 1/4 tsp. salt

Directions:

Combine flours. Mound on work surface or in bowl. Make well in center adding egg yolks, milk, oil and salt and blend with fork. Gradually draw flour from edge of well into center until all flour is incorporated. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until dough comes together and is smooth and elastic. Cover or wrap in plastic and let stand 30 minutes. May be prepared 2 days ahead. Refrigerate.

Divide dough into thirds, working with one third and keeping the rest covered to prevent from drying out. If using a pasta machine, follow it's directions. If not, roll dough out on floured surface to a very thin thickness. Slice with knife or pastry wheel in widths you desire. Let dry 1 hour if you plan on freezing the noodles. Will store for up to 8 months.

By Robin from Washington, IA

Pasta is an easy, fun and simple thing to make. If you are looking for something to do with the children you can look up pasta making and spend the day making pasta with your children. It will save money, make a great meal and would be something the children will talk about for years!

By Anita from Temecula

This is the easiest and best pasta recipe I have ever found! It came with my pasta maker, 5 whole eggs to 1 pound of flour. If the dough is too dry, add a small amount of cold water. Do not add salt or anything else and the flavor of whatever you are cooking will be absorbed into this wonderful pasta. I make an easy to handle roll out of the dough and wrap in plastic wrap for an hour or so. This makes the eggs and flour mix better. If you don't have a pasta maker, just roll the dough VERY thin and cut in strips, then manageable noodle lengths. I dry the pasta on an old white sheet, covered with flour for a couple of days on my dining room table, we eat on TV trays or at the picnic table for those days... it's worth the inconvenience. I usually make a few recipes of this and use it for most of the cold months.

By Margie from Mount Vernon, Ohio

I have a KitchenAid mixer with the pasta maker attachment. I'm dying to make my own fresh pasta, but I want to make it more wholesome and nutritional using whole wheat flour. Any ideas?

By Gregg from Victoria, BC, Canada

Answers:

Homemade Whole Wheat Pasta

Original Recipe Yield 4 servings

Ingredients

• 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
  • 1/2 tsp. sea salt
  • 4 eggs
  • 2 tsp. olive oil
Directions

Stir together the all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour and salt in a medium bowl, or on a clean board. Make a hollow in the center, and pour in the olive oil. Break eggs into it one at a time, while mixing quickly with a fork until the dough is wet enough to come together. Knead on a lightly floured surface until the dough is stiff and elastic. Cover, and let stand for 30 minutes to relax.

Roll out dough by hand with a rolling pin, or use a pasta machine to achieve the desired thickness of noodles. Cut into desired width and shapes. Allow the pasta to air dry for at least 15 minutes to avoid having it clump together.

Footnotes: To cook fresh pasta Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the pasta, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Fresh pasta cooks very quickly. It will float to the surface when fully cooked. Drain, and use as desired. good luck. (01/23/2010)

By kffrmw88

Homemade Whole Wheat Pasta

Note: When you get ready to make home meade pasta, make sure to have enough places to hang it to dry!!! The voice of experience!

One of my friends ended up laying a sheet in an unused bathtub and putting the pasta on top of that to dry. She hasn't made it since. (01/25/2010)

By cookwie

Homemade Whole Wheat Pasta

Good recipe from kkfrmw88 - you can use any regular pasta recipe and substitute 1/2 the regular flour for whole wheat. My husband and I made ravioli (shrimp) yesterday. What a mess - we had those little pockets all over the kitchen! (01/25/2010)

By phamburger

Homemade Whole Wheat Pasta

I had to laugh reading the comments on the drying process of homemade pasta. I no longer dry mine. I "nest" serving size portions of the noodles on a waxpaper lined cookie sheet and freeze them. You can also nest larger portions. When ready to use, simply put the nests in boiling water. So much simpler than having pasta draped everywhere. (01/27/2010)

By karilynn