Homemade Pizza Dough

How do I make a pizza base? I need help on how to do this. I tried and it was a disaster. It didn't rise and it went rock hard in the oven.

By Marc from England, Teeside Hardwick Estate

Add 1 Tbsp. yeast (or 1 pkg) to 1 cup of lukewarm water. Let sit for a few minutes and add 1 tsp. sugar, 1 tsp,. salt and 3 Tbsp cooking oil. Stirring, add flour (I use bread flour and some whole wheat flour) and continue adding until it is very hard to stir. Sprinkle flour on counter and dump dough out on flour. Knead dough while adding flour until dough is no longer sticky and can be rolled out. Do not over-knead; if you break down the gluten in the dough your crust will not rise and be hard & tough. This will make enough for 2 small pizzas or 1 large.

Depending on the type of pizza I am making I bake the dough for 15 minutes without topping and about 20 minutes with the toppings at 425 F.

Food and Recipes Recipes PizzaMay 31, 2012
🐛
😎
🌻
📓