Homemade Stain Remover for Clothing

I recently had gotten cherry stains on a off-white cotton top. I tried many things and the stains did not come out. I finally found this recipe and soaked the shirt for 30 minutes and all the stains were removed. I would think this would work for all type of fruit and other natural stains.

My Oxy-clean

Ingredients

• 1 cup hot water
  • 1/2 cup baking soda
  • 1/2 cup hydrogen peroxide

Directions

Make this recipe as you need it. Do not save any for later use. Any leftover would lose its' potency over time.

Mix ingredients. Add clothes and soak for 20 minutes to overnight. Rinse; wash as usual. Makes 2 cups.

If possible, try to test an area of the clothing in case any discoloration occurs.

Source: A friend.

By it's.only.me from NE PA

An easier way of removing fruit stains is to boil water and pour it directly on the stain - removes it instantly. My daughter-in-law gave me this tip and it works great. It has to be boiling water; do not use hot tap water.

Home and Garden Cleaning Cleaning Supply Recipes Stain RemoversSeptember 14, 2009
🌻
📓
🐛
😎