Homemade Thank You Notes

Category Cards
Unique cards can be created at home for a special message. This page is about homemade thank you notes.

Why pay for expensive greeting cards, when you can make your own? I got a pack of 80 blank cards at Michael's for $5. I make a design and make copies of it to paste on the cards. It's quick and easy and has a nice homemade touch. This particular design was inspired by an art piece I had seen, with a message in different languages. I just looked up all the different ways to say "Thank you" and went from there!

Total Time: about 15 minutes to make the original.

• paper
  • blank cards
  • ruler
  • markers (I love Sharpies because they don't smudge)
  • glue stick
  • scissors

1. Start by getting a blank sheet of paper. Cut it to fit on your card.
  2. Advertisement

3. Use a pen or marker to darken lines on a lined piece of paper. Place this under your blank paper.
  4. Start by making a large "Thanks" or "Thank You" in the middle of the paper. Write it in any font or style you would like. Make sure the lined paper underneath is aligned with your blank paper. Use the lines underneath the paper to write in a straight line.
  5. Write "thank you" in the other languages. Go in all different directions. I like to use "fine point" and "ultra fine point" markers for visual interest.
  6. Advertisement

7. Once finished, make copies of your original. Cut the copy and paste onto your card. Save the original for making additional copies later on.

I love the little surprise of a pop up card. This particular one is a thank you card. You could also hold the item that you are thanking the person for, in the picture. Alternatively, you could turn this into any kind of card. The sky's the limit!

photo in finished card

A great idea for grandma or teacher. Make printed thank you notes out of art work. Choose colors of ink that work together; I'd limit it to two.

Thank You Card

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

I came up with this idea. I let my two year old loose with a bucket of acrylic paints (you can use any paints you want) and a pad of newsprint paper. Construction paper works as well....

Crafts Paper CardsJanuary 16, 2013
🌻
🐰
🍀