Homemade Thank You Cards

contest winner icon

I came up with this idea. I let my two year old loose with a bucket of acrylic paints (you can use any paints you want) and a pad of newsprint paper. Construction paper works as well, just so long as it's strong enough to hold up to the paint.

Once the art was dry, I tore it into small rectangles. I then attach these to the front of blank cards that I picked up at a local craft store with glue or acid free tape.

On the top of this, I attach a smaller piece of cardstock or leave it the way it is. This way I have a card ready for thank you notes, gifts, birthdays, and any other card occasions. The recipient gets a piece of my child's artwork and I no longer buy expensive cards from stores. Plus, they are always on hand!

By Brandy from Little Rock, AR