Hooded Baby Towel Pattern

Does anyone have an easy pattern or directions for a hooded baby towel? We have 4 new babies in the family this year and making my own would be so much nicer than buying them!

Thanks so much,
Karen from Flint, MI

Hooded Baby Towel Pattern

I will do my best to explain this the best I can...

Lay the towel out flat on a table and smooth out. Lay the washcloth on top of the towel, meeting a corner of the towel with a corner of the washcloth. Bring washcloth bottom corner back up... so that its a triangle, with its two corners in the one corner of the Towel. Pin into place. Then, sew the edges together. Double stitch to make sure it will hold well and reinforce the seams. If sewing by hand,sew a straight stitch then come back over it with a blanket stitch on the edges.

And experiment with different sizes of washclothes too. I learned that some of the bigger sizes work better for older babies. And even some of the dish clothes with designs make the cutest cutest hoodie towels!

I hope this helps you. Any questions, just ask me.

Post by kattankerous

Oh, O forgot... if you're using new items, make sure both are new. I washed mine first, then assembled, then washed again. Sometimes they will change shapes and your finished hoody could look "warped" if sewed before washing.

Post by kattankerous

Make it from a towel and a washcloth.

Post by aardvark