Hot Glue Pendant
Use a glue gun for a unique technique to form a pretty pastel pendant.
- pretty coloured card
- a pencil
- old or broken costume jewellery
- hot glue gun
- Choose your card according to its colours and not the pattern as the pattern will not show through the glue. Remember also that the colours will show through very muted so choose good strong colours. Use the pencil to draw the shape you want. Make sure it is bigger than the size you want it to be. This drawing is intending just as a guide.
- Take your costume jewellery and choose a chain link, a jump ring, or something similar, or you could use a new purchased jump ring. Also choose a bead or stone to use as an embellishment. I broke the hoop end off an earring wire for the loop and used a shiny glass stone for decoration.
- Using the hot glue gun, glue the ring in place.
- When you are sure the ring is secure, continue to fill in the shape with more glue.
- Add the embellishment while the glue is still soft then leave until the glue is completely dry.
- Cut around your shape with scissors.
- It is very difficult to get the edge of the glue perfectly neat, but that is not a problem.
- Once dry you can easily trim your pendant to the shape and size you want using scissors.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!