How Do I Remove Hairspray Build Up on Floors and Walls

I have a husband that uses a lot of hairspray on his "hair". So I have a ton of build up on the floor and wall and door in his bathroom. I just can't stand it. Is there a sure fire way to get this stuff gone?

Use a spray bottle of vinegar and water and wipe down the walls.Use vinegar and water with some dish soap for the floors. Let the water sit on floors for 10 minutes then mop up.

Anonymous

I use a nylon scrubber and ammonia or vinegar

I usually clean the area first and let it dry. Afterwards, I mix 1/2 cup of baking soda with 4 cups of water. I then clean the sticky mess with this mixture. If you have a major build up of hair spray you will need to pour the mixture on the surface and allow it to sit for 10 to 15 minutes. This will dissolve the hair spray.

Fill a spray bottle with a mixture of 1/3 shampoo to 2/3 water and shake. Spray the shampoo mixture on the walls, doors, floors, wherever. Let sit for a minute or two. Using a sponge, scrub the shampoo mixture off.

Comet spray

Make a paste of baking soda and water. Scrub lightly with a damp cloth dipped in the baking soda paste. If you rub to hard it can damage the texture on some ceilings. If you see that starting to happen, add a bit more water to loosen the psste.The grain of the soda cuts thru the build up..you can also make a solution of about 3 parts water, to 1 part baking soda, to rinse hairspray build up out of your hair.

Home and Garden CleaningAugust 24, 2017
🎃
🌻