Cleaning Hairspray Off Bathroom Surfaces

I'll admit it. I use hairspray every time I fix my hair. And of course the mist falls down and lands all over my bathroom sink. Fairly quickly, my sink develops a film of grime because of it. I've found that using Scrubbing Bubbles erases any evidence of hairspray and leaves my porcelain sparkling.

Sometimes it takes two cleanings, but it always works. It is definitely the best cleaning product I have used for the job!

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

11 Questions

How do you get hairspray off wooden doors?

Leo from Saint Louis, MO

Answers

By Lisa (Guest Post)
Best Answer

I have the same problem. I usually wet the door with a sponge, then take a nylon scrubbie (the kind you use on teflon pans) and scrub. The hairspray will ball up into gooey sticky stuff that can be wiped off with the sponge. Any cleanser that I tried to use just left the whole door sticky.

Hope this works for you as well.
Lisa

By Jenny (Guest Post)
Best Answer

I actually find that the magic eraser does not work, but using rubbing alchohol does....just take a rag and dab it in rubbing alchohol and wipe doors, works great!

Best Answer

Hairspray is actually lacquer so nail polish remover just melts it off just like off your nails

Answer this Question

How do you remove hair spray from bathroom door handles?

By Llinda from Friendship, WI

Answers

Best Answer

Try rubbing alcohol. Pour into rag and wipe on the Door Handles, then wipe again with dry rag. Alcohol cleans lots of things... handy in a spray bottle.

Answer this Question

How do I clean hairspray off linoleum?

By Mark from Dallas, TX

Answers

Best Answer

The same way you take the accumulation of hair spray on a person hair when you wash it you use any brand baking soda 2 to 3 heaping tablespoon's of "it" and stirring to dissolve it with a quart of warm water will do the trick. Put your dish rag in it and wipe up the hair spray with the mixture. This may take several rinsed out dish rags and repeating of this process but I know it will work as our bathroom floor is cleaned this way perhaps every 4 to 6 weeks. It all is depending on how much hair spray you use to show you how many times to do it.

Good luck and let us know how it turned out for you.

Answer this Question

I would like to know how to remove built up hair spray on wood.

By karen from Kannapolis, NC

Answers

Best Answer

On wood I would use some soapy wood cleaner, you can buy it in most supermarkets. The kind of thing that is used for cleaning wooden floors and furniture. If you only need a little, ask around amongst your friends someone may give you just a little bit (that would be extremely frugal).

Answer this Question

How do you remove hairspray from a tinted window?

By Lauren Money

Answers

Anonymous

Vinegar?

Answer this Question

More Solutions

Put rubbing alcohol on a cotton ball and wipe the area. All the residue will be removed.

Rubbing Alcohol Removes Hairspray Buildup - hairspray spots on shower door and frame

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Hairspray on eyeglass lenses is a tough one to remove. Take a rubbing alcohol pad (or a little on a cotton ball from the bottle) and rub over the lenses til they feel smooth again. Rinse well under running water and use a little Dawn detergent.

Unfortunately while using hair spray to style your hair, the spray can get on walls and other surfaces. This is a page about removing hairspray build up on walls.

A girl spraying hairspray.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

When using hairspray it seems to go everywhere, including the tile in you bathroom. This is a page about removing hairspray from tile.

Spraying Hairspray

This page is about removing hairspray from a mirror. This hair product can easily end up on surfaces in your bathroom.

Girl putting on hairspray.

Home and Garden Cleaning BathroomSeptember 3, 2014
🎄
🎉
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Cleaning-Hairspray-Off-Bathroom-Surfaces.html