Removing Hairspray From Tile

Category Bathroom
When using hairspray it seems to go everywhere, including the tile in you bathroom. This is a guide about removing hairspray from tile.

I have a lot of hairspray build up on my tiled bathroom floor. How can I get rid of it?

By Sue from Mandan, SD

Answers

Best Answer

Mop the floor with 50 - 50 solution of water and vinegar. Don't worry the smell will go away.

Best Answer

Windex with ammonia seems to work best. Spray it on the build up of hairspray and then wipe it up (or use a floor cleaner that contains ammonia).

Best Answer

The shaving cream works wonders! I had tried everything and nothing did the job. I have clear glass shower doors and it took it right off.

How do I get build up hairspray off of tile in the bathroom floor?

Cheryl

Answers:

Hairspray Removal From Tile

Hairspray can be removed from tile by wetting a cloth with rubbing alcohol and rubbing the tiles. (01/02/2005)

By myc2000

Hairspray Removal From Tile

Shampoo works great! (01/02/2005)

Hairspray Removal From Tile

Barkeeper's friend! Check out their website. There isn't much it won't clean up. It is a polisher also. Make it into a paste. Wait a minute, rub area with fingers, Q-tip, or toothbrush and wipe up with a wet paper towel. This product is drying on your hands. Use some lotion for your fingertips. (01/07/2005)

By jjager

Hairspray Removal From Tile

Rubbing alcohol is the best way to remove hairspray on surfaces. For your floors, use a clean cloth and pour a little alcohol on the cloth. Wipe on surface and thoroughly clean with soap and water. If you have pets, clean several times so no residue remains. (01/11/2005)

By Julie

Hairspray Removal From Tile

Baking soda! Use baking soda and a little bit of water, make it into a paste. This is excellent for hairspray removal. In fact, you can mix baking soda in your shampoo to remove hairspray and gel build up in your hair. (My hairdresser told me that years ago, and I recommend it to anyone with hairspray problems). (01/18/2005)

By MLove

Hairspray Removal From Tile

Be careful using baking soda. I did this and it took the glaze off of the tile. Oops! (08/24/2008)

By Jenny

Hairspray Removal From Tile

I have just cleaned my bathroom tiles with shaving foam as advised on this site. I spread the foam on by hand and rubbed with a Duzzit sponge and it has completely cleaned the hair spray build up from my tiles. It's amazing, it really works. (02/08/2009)

By Chris

Hairspray Removal From Tile

I used the alcohol and it removed the glaze, yikes. It also bleached the grout to white when it was beige. Now what? (02/15/2009)

By Holly

Hairspray Removal From Tile

You will find that some say use shampoo and some, liquid dish detergent. Whichever you use is OK, but let it set on the places you want to clean for 15 or 20 minutes. Letting it set is the key. I used the dish detergent, but I suspect shampoo would get the same result. Just let it sit prior to what will be minor scrubbing. (03/23/2009)

By JimmyDW