How Do I Remove Permanent Marker from the Dryer?

I left a permanent marker in my apron from work, and ran in though the dryer. There are literally stains everywhere. I have tried Superclean (an engine degreaser), Magic Erasers, 409, and none of them worked. I tried using nail polish remover, but it barely made a difference. Does anyone have any suggestions for permanent ink?

By Kenny from Murrieta

Answers:

This secret/method works when someone gets permanent marker on a counter top or appliance or uses a permanent marker instead of a wipe off marker on a whiteboard. Take a wipe off marker the same color as the permanent marker and write over the exact same marks as the permanent marker. Then take a wipe off eraser or paper towel and voila! the permanent marker should come off as well.

Once in a while it may take a couple of times to remove it totally, but usually it comes off the first time. I don't know how well this will work with a marker in the dryer, but it's worth a try. Good luck. (05/11/2010)

By simonsmommie

This really works! I took magic marker off of a piano with "Off" bug spray. It was truly unbelievable.
Try it. You won't believe it. Spray it directly on the stain and take paper towels and rub. Let us know if this works for you. It did not even mess the paint or finish on the piano, amazing. (05/30/2010)

By sweetie6116