Removing Permanent Marker from Inside a Dryer

Category Appliances
If you accidentally get marker stains on the inside of your dryer, it is imperative to remove them entirely or they may stain your clothing. This is a guide about removing permanent marker from inside a dryer.

Does anyone know how to get permanent marker out of your dryer? I accidently left it in work pants.

Answers

Best Answer

Use Hand Sanitizer to remove the first layer. It only removes the black marks. They usually turn light grey. Treat only the affected areas. Let dry for about 30 minutes.

Use Muskol Mosquito Repellent Spray. Spray directly on affected areas. Let stand for 2 to 4 seconds. Lightly use your finger or a soft cloth to rub the Muskol around each spot (be patient). You will see the marker start to lift off in 2 to 4 seconds. It works that fast! :-)) As soon as you stop rubbing the Muskol in, use a dry cloth to remove the stain. Once you have finished all the stains, your dryer drum should be clean.

Leave dryer door open for 2 hours to allow drum to dry.

Mix a small solution of laundry soap (a few drops will do) into 3 cups of hot water. Wash the drum with 4 to 6 old, clean rags. Once the inside of the dryer is completely cleaned, leave the rags inside the dryer and close the door.

Set the Dryer on "Air Fluff/No Heat" for 20 minutes.

Remove rags and inspect the drum.

Voila!!! All clean :-)

J-Pow

P.S. I tried all the other "suggested" remedies but nothing else worked, including: Bleach, Cooking oil, Varsol, Paint Thinner, GooGone, Tooth Paste, Nail Polish Remover, and Dry Erase Marker.

How do we remove permanent marker from the drum of a dryer?

By bill from Dubuque, IA

Answers

Best Answer

Permanent maker won't come off on clothing, the heat just keeps setting it into the metal.

How do you get marker out of a dryer?

By lacey

Answers

Best Answer

Hey Lacey, I have removed this before. If it hasn't kind of "cooked" on yet. Try a rag with finger nail polish remover, or straight acetone. Do not rub too hard it may remove a little of the finish of the dryer. Pour it on the rag first then rub on stains. Try that. I think that should work.

Buddy

How do I remove black permanent marker from inside a gas dryer?

Answers

Best Answer

Try using hand sanitizer. I hear it works well to dissolve permanent marker on hard surfaces.

How do you successfully clean permanent marker, that has exploded, out of your dryer?

By Trista from Nashville, TN

My son left some indelible markers from work in his shirt pocket and put it through my machines. The dryer? Oh my, what a mess! I tried many suggestions. Bleach soaked on towels did a fair job, but still left behind unsightly marks.

My husband uses "Deep Woods Off" (insect repellent) to get pen marks off his desk at work and it worked like magic on the dryer? I had spent a fair bit of money on various products, but nothing worked like this.

Just remember, this is a flammable product so much caution is needed when using in a gas dryer, and protect your nose and mouth from fumes. Turn off the gas and clean out the dryer well after using. Hope this helps.

By Sher

I left a permanent marker in my apron from work, and ran in though the dryer. There are literally stains everywhere. I have tried Superclean (an engine degreaser), Magic Erasers, 409, and none of them worked. I tried using nail polish remover, but it barely made a difference. Does anyone have any suggestions for permanent ink?

By kenny from Murrieta

Answers:

How Do I Remove Permanent Marker from the Dryer?

This secret/method works when someone gets permanent marker on a counter top or appliance or uses a permanent marker instead of a wipe off marker on a whiteboard. Take a wipe off marker the same color as the permanent marker and write over the exact same marks as the permanent marker. Then take a wipe off eraser or paper towel and voila! the permanent marker should come off as well.

Once in a while it may take a couple of times to remove it totally, but usually it comes off the first time. I don't know how well this will work with a marker in the dryer, but it's worth a try. Good luck. (05/11/2010)

By Roberta Mason

This really works! I took magic marker off of a piano with "Off" bug spray. It was truly unbelievable.

Try it. You won't believe it. Spray it directly on the stain and take paper towels and rub. Let us know if this works for you. It did not even mess the paint or finish on the piano, amazing. (05/30/2010)

By Paula Scott

How do I remove marker from the inside of dryer?

Bellafonte420 From Long Beach, CA

Answers:

Permanent Marker Inside Dryer

Two words: "nailpolish remover". I used it after a sharpie was in my mom's dryer and it works great (06/19/2007)

By Justin 16

Permanent Marker Inside Dryer

Dawn Power Dissolver! It is the best! (07/15/2007)

By jjachkc

latex paint inside dryer drum

I had a sock fall into the dryer that had latex paint on it. The paint seems to have bonded to the drum during the drying cycle. It is not rubbing off on the clothes during the drying cycle, what should I do to remove the paint from the drum? (11/19/2007)

By Scott

Permanent Marker Inside Dryer

I used nail polish remover to get a orange sharpie highlighter stains off the inside of my dryer. It worked great as long as I kept my rag real wet (01/24/2008)

By Sarah

Permanent Marker Inside Dryer

I washed industrial permanent marker in the pocket of my work suit. Much like everyone else my dryer looked horrible, so far, with A LOT of effort, WD40 + finger nail polish remover it looks pretty much new. Still need to re-go over some areas when I get more finger nail polish remover.

Now to remove the grease from the wd40 (and what's left of the marker) I plan on using some chemicals from work; bio-t 300 citric acid soft solvent degreaser. Don't know how easy it is to get a hold of this stuff, but if it works well I'll post. (02/25/2008)

By Eli

Permanent Marker Inside Dryer

FANTASTIC advice! I just found my dryer COVERED in red permanent marker. I ran to my computer and found the advice on using Dawn Power Dissolver. My dryer was spotless in 10 minutes. FANTASTIC results! You saved my dryer! Many thanks! (06/11/2008)

By Kathy - Chicago

Click to read more ideas from older posts on ThriftyFun.