Removing Sharpie from White Cabinets

Category Stains
Depending on the finish on your cabinets you can try any one or more of the several cleaning solutions mentioned in this guide. This page contains information about removing Sharpie from white cabinets.

My 1 year old got a hold of a Sharpie while I was showering and he drew on the white cabinets and the white dryer. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get it all the way off of both of them? I've tried the Magic Eraser and it doesn't get it all the way off. I've also tried toothpaste, peroxide, and sunscreen. The sunscreen and Magic Eraser seemed to work better, but it didn't get it all the way off.

Answers

Best Answer

Have you tried regular Isopropyl Alcohol?

Best Answer

It seems you have already tried several of the normal ways to remove Sharpie marks but maybe a combination of these may work.
1) Use cotton balls, q-tips, paper towels, etc. to put a small amount of alcohol on spots/marks
2) Try rubbing alcohol with a Magic Eraser or even cheap cologne instead of alcohol.
3) If all else fails find a can of carburetor cleaner and spray a small amount on a cloth and rub slightly (it works

Use a dry erase marker and draw over it.

I use goo gone to make sure the surface doesn't get ruined