Removing Permanent Marker on Wood Cabinets

Category Kitchen
There are many recomenations for different products to use for remedying this mishap. Read on to decide which one sounds best to you. It is a good idea to make sure the product used will not damage the finish; do your research. This is a guide about removing permanent marker on wood cabinets.

My husband and I are remodeling our kitchen. While I was out he thought it would be a good idea to get a head start. He measured and measured and now we have a line on our brand new cabinets. Did I tell you this line is BRIGHT RED. If any of you know how to get permanent marker off of Wood Cabinets please let me know. MR Clean Eraser will just ruin the finish.

Thank you,
Jennifer

Answers

Anonymous
Best Answer

Hey Jennifer, Before you kill your husband, please try anti-bacterial hand gel. Trust me on this one. I clean for a living and I have removed almost every type of stain, marker, crayon, adhesives there are. Just rub on the stain and let sit for a few minutes, then rub with a soft cloth. It really works. Then go kill your hubby.

By Shareen777 (Guest Post)
Best Answer

Hi Jennifer,

I teach school and permanent marker is always getting on something where it doesn't belong. My first course of action is fingernail polish remover. I sometimes need to screb a little more with my Corning Ware polish.

Good Luck !
Shareen

By (Guest Post)
Best Answer

I am not sure if it will work on permanent marker but it worked on ink marks my son had put all over raw unfinished wood table. Hairspray! I couldn't believe it worked but it did. It took two tries to get it completely out but Graham Haley said it would work and it did! Best of luck. Next time tell your husband to use a chalk line. You get them at the hardware stores. That's how we do it in construction.
Mistakes happen. Please don't kill your husband. He was trying to do a good thing.

Kay

By Ronda (Guest Post)
Best Answer

Try WD-40