Permanent Marker Inside Dryer

Does anyone know how to get permanent marker off of the inside of your dryer? My daughter and her husband do laundry all the time at my house and he forgot to take a permanent marker out of his pants from work and now we have a mess! It's all over my king size comforter as well and I'm almost afraid to run anything through it because I don't want to ruin anything else. Any ideas?

Robin from Washington, IA

Answers:

Permanent Marker Inside Dryer

Alcohol often removes permanent marker from glass, metal, and some plastics. It can "fade" the marker on fabric, but rarely totally removes it from fabric. (12/05/2005)

By Teri

Permanent Marker Inside Dryer

The stain on the comforter is probably permanent. Maybe a dry cleaner can offer some suggestions. Usually once anything is dried in the dryer it's almost impossible to remove. Try using alcohol or Goo Gone (Wal-mart usuallys stocks this in their laundry or car section) on a rag or sponge to remove the stains in the dryer. Be sure to wipe clean any cleaning residue in your dryer. My friend has rewritten over a permanent mark with another permanent marker and quickly wipes it off. The solvent in the fresh marker acts as a dissolvent and may remove the marks. She has used this method on some plastics with success. Good luck. (12/06/2005)

By it's.only.me

🌻
📓
🎂